Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March To Savings Smith's Promo

Smith's has been having a big promotion the last two weeks where if you buy 8 participating items you get $4.00 off your total, which essential equals out to a $0.50 discount per item. I have been sick (again) and haven't been doing much couponing, but I got a little caught up earlier today so I wanted to go in tonight since it was the last night of the promotion. I got some great deals! I did get majorly ripped off on one item, which is REALLY irritating, but life goes on. I did have to buy a few non-promotion items, but I just want to highlight my big deals.

Promotion Items:

  • 3 Pop-tarts (reg. $3.79) $1.99 each after instant savings, $1.57 after coupon
  • 2 Bumblebee tuna (reg. $1.49) $0.49 after instant savings, $0.12 after coupon
  • 1 Wesson Canola Oil (reg. $5.89) $1.99 after instant savings, $0.99 after coupon
  • 1 Aquafresh toothpaste (reg $2.99) $2.00 after instant savings, $0.50 after coupon
  • 1 Irish Spring body wash (reg. $3.60) $2.50 after instant savings, $1.50 after coupon
  • 1 Softsoap body wash (reg. $3.60) $2.50 after instant savings, $1.50 after coupon
  • 2 Speed Stick deodorant (reg $2.46) $1.00 after instant savings, $0.75 after coupon
  • 1 Simply Orange juice (reg. $4.59) $2.99 after instant savings, $2.24 after coupon
  • 1 Kroger ice cream (reg. $2.99) $1.99 after instant savings, $1.39 after coupon
  • 1 Steamfresh veggies (reg. 2.69) $2.18 after instant savings, $1.83 after coupon
  • 1 Vitamin Water (reg. $1.39) $0.75 after instant savings, FREE after coupon (should have had $0.50 overage on this but they entered my coupon wrong)
  • ***1 Maxwell House coffee (reg. $11.99) SHOULD have been $5.99 after instant savings, and $4.99 after coupon. HOWEVER it did not ring up as one of the promo items and so the cashier had to manually give me my second $4.00 off. I should have known at that point that the price would be wrong, but when I looked at receipt it was still $11.99! GRRRR!!

I had a coupon for a free bag of cough drops too, so I got those. Another great deal I got was on Snuggle fabric softener. It is regularly $5.29, but was on sale for $3.99 and I had a coupon for $3.00 off, making it only $0.99!!! WOOT!!!

I was really excited to go get some deals, but I am bummed that $6.00 worth of my savings was basically negated by the fact that the coffee rang up wrong! I know I had the right item, I double checked! I know that in the grand scheme of things $6.00 is really trivial, but when some of your coupons are only 35 cents, it takes a lot of 35 cent coupons (17.14 to be exact) to add up to $6.00! I guess I should have paid just a smidge more attention, but I didn't realize it until I had left the store and after having to sort out the $4.00 off thing I really didn't want to go back and have to have them fix this too. Especially since there were only two cashiers and lots of customers.

I did get some great deals all around, and even with the coffee fiasco I still saved 51 percent on this trip! The dollar savings amount was $41.35, which is pretty good payoff for only 45 minutes at the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment