Here is a paragraph I like from the post Who is the Expert?
"It’s time for the madness to stop. Women are not weak. We are not stupid. When we take the time to connect to ourselves and our babies, we are capable of making the absolute best decisions for our pregnancies, labors, and births. Natural birth can be difficult, but many things worth doing in life are not easy. It’s time we started taking offense to those who would sabatoge our efforts and undermine our incredible inner strength. It’s time for us to realize that we’re tough and capable and we know what’s best for ourselves and our babies."
**************************************
I dream someday about being a home-birthing midwife. Most people I know think I am nuts. They thought I was nuts when I attempted a birth without medications or interventions. They think I am nuts for practicing attachment parenting, for not giving my baby infant formula, for not circumcising him, and for pretty much every mothering and parenting decision I make. No matter how much research and information I have done to validate my reasoning I still get hassled a lot. Most of the time I just don't talk about my philosophies on parenting.
I hope that I will be fortunate enough to be pregnant again, and to have a natural childbirth. I feel so much more confident in myself than I did the first time around. I know it won't be easy, my first labor was the hardest thing I have ever done, but I know I can do it! I also know how rewarding it will be. Next time I plan to take control of my own birth and of my own child, and I am not going to allow any medical staff to belittle me or try to take control of me or my baby. I know I won't be able to have a home-birth myself, but that doesn't mean I can't someday help someone else to do that!
I hope that I will be fortunate enough to be pregnant again, and to have a natural childbirth. I feel so much more confident in myself than I did the first time around. I know it won't be easy, my first labor was the hardest thing I have ever done, but I know I can do it! I also know how rewarding it will be. Next time I plan to take control of my own birth and of my own child, and I am not going to allow any medical staff to belittle me or try to take control of me or my baby. I know I won't be able to have a home-birth myself, but that doesn't mean I can't someday help someone else to do that!


No comments:
Post a Comment